Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tremors...

So I had an appointment with my rheumatologist yesterday and I suppose it went well.  Well, I guess considering that it could always be worse.  I told her about my tremors of my left had. She didn't seem very pleased. :( I have an appointment with yet another doctor, a neurologist.  I'm nervous about this one.  I am not sure why I feel anxious about it but I'm dreading it.  I think I have a fear that things can actually be worse than Fibromyalgia.  Not that fibro isn't bad or that I'd give up fight, but at least I already knew what was wrong... I had an answer. And now, I'm in limbo again.  My hand is not in the best of shape and I can tell its only getting worse.  My doctor told me that I'm going to need a needle test... apparently I was supposed to understand what that meant and have absolutely no fear of it. ha! wrong again! Just hearing the word needle makes it terrifying.  And not that I have a phobia of them but my brain doesn't fathom the idea of it in anyway be pleasurable or even at that, moderately uncomfortable.  My brain went straight into agony! Oh well... I guess its only best I face it, deal with it, and move on. Maybe another upward turn? I'll know in a week...

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this, best wishes. The test is probably an EMG which checks the nerves in your hand. does the doctor know you hate needles? Just curious as maybe they were trying to see if your new symptom was real. Believe it or not i have had this "threat" tactic used on me by doctors who seem to think I was a hypochondriac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there!! u maybe starting with essential tremor. I to have fibromyalgia/cfs/me..but my tremors started in my right hand then progressed to other parts of my body..i was diagnosed by a professor in neurology in london in 2010. it took just over 4years to get the right diagnosis! My father has since been diagnosed with essential tremor too. you could always look this up and run it past your neurologist. one of the symptoms is waking up shaking like you have just been switched on..i hope you get a result. hugs. Paul (u.k.)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you... I had an MRI done for both brain and cervical spine. I am waiting for results. I'll post an update as soon as I get any results. Thank you all for your support. It helps to keep fighting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have experienced those kind of tremors on several occasions. After researching online I discovered that it is part of the Fibro. I decided to suffer through it and in no time the tremors had stopped. For other reasons I did see a neurologist and he did the same test you are describing. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Just relax and breathe, it will be over before your know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, all I'm waiting for now is that phone call with the results... I'm hoping not to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed with fibro about 12 years ago and did a ton of research then but haven't done much until recently since then. My initial research never said anything about tremors or anything like that. So for years I have been having this twitching and weakness in my hands. My feet and legs go completely numb and if I try to stand without assistance I will fall. My eyes twitch. Sometimes my hands won't work and I can't even hold a cup. I never knew that all of these things were a part of my fibro. I thought it was just the pain that was part if the fibro. These support groups and blogs have really opened my eyes. I am so sorry that any of us have to go through these things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melinda, I apologize for not having responded sooner. Apparently I didn't receive an alert on your comment or overlooked it. I have seen that in many occasions these tremors do come with Fibromyalgia but its always best to get an opinion from a Neurologist as these can also be symptoms of many other more deteriorating illnesses. Come by our Facebook page... Its a rather large community that has many different looks and inputs. Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/fibro.fighterz

    ReplyDelete