Monday, November 26, 2012

30 minute morning

So after a fatigue filled day yesterday, I woke up this morning with less energy (equivalent to none) and wondered what the fastest and easiest way would be to get ready for work.  I have long hair and its pretty damn stubborn. So needless to say, in my eyes--that of a Fibro Fighter-- I had a difficult morning ahead of me. Turns out I was ready in 30 minutes... including my breaks and all. So I thought to myself 'why not share your findings of an easy morning with all Fibromites?'  So here is the fastest way to get ready (for me) in the mornings.

I have, like I said before, long, unruly hair that has its good days and bad days like everything else we experience with this wonderful illness.  My go-to quick fix for this is believe it or not HOT ROLLERS!  Everyone loves a cute wave in long tresses... but I don't have the time, energy or muscle strength in my arms to do it with a curling iron or flat iron... and I've never actually tried the wand but to me seems pretty much as effective as a curling iron.  I tend to wash my hair at night, since I zumba in the evening, and let it air dry through out the night--this also helps avoid heat damage from the blow dryer.  I plug in my hot rollers-- which were pretty inexpensive but well worth the investment--and let them heat up for about ten minutes.  During this ten minute lapse I do one of two things, if I was proactive enough the prior night to pick out my clothes then I get all my make up stuff ready and if not I get my clothes ready (or take a break). So my make up consists of 5 things on my lazy days: foundation, powder, a pencil liner, mascara and lipstick. Ok so now that I've gathered my materials, my rollers are ready to be put in.  I put them in slowly 'cause they're hot. At most, my hair takes about 8 (if I want a tight curl) or maybe 5-6 if I want loose curls.  While they're on and they set, I put on my foundation, pat on my powder, curl my lashes and mascara them up, add a little liner on the bottom (or top) lid, and as a cute punch I add a bright red or pink lipstick. So my rollers have been on a good 10 minutes by now so I take them off and there it is! I pump in some shine serum and I'm done.

Personally, my bangs are a bit frizzy so I go over them quickly with a straightener but most people don't have that problem so you lucky ones can skip this step.

So now I get dressed and I'm out the door.

I realized this morning that I have lots of shortcuts that I never really realized were precisely that, shortcuts to make my life as a Fibro Fighter a bit easier.  I hope this helped a bit!

If you have any questions, please let me know or feel free to comment away!


This isnt from today but more or less what the outcome is! :)

9 comments:

  1. Your always so pretty...your an awesome support for you and your fellow fibro fighters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using hot rollers is a great idea. Thanks for sharing! I have very thick hair with a wave, and I, too, find using a flat iron very energy depleting. I usually put it up in a ponytail when still wet and just blow dry my bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lori! I'm glad that I can help... Life is tough for us but that shouldn't be an excuse not to try our best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mIreya! Can I ask you for how long you have that and how your symptoms start! My name it's Karla and I am going thru something like that but I don't really know what's going on with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Karla. I haven’t been aware this long but in retrospect my doctors believe had it since my son was born 8 years ago. I developed a severe case of postpartum depression and they think that is what triggered it. However, to clarify, it is not clear what causes Fibromyalgia. It is believed that it can be started by any severe trauma, physical or emotional. There is no found cure as of now so I'll be having to deal/cope with it for the rest of my life. But don’t get scared or discouraged, there are treatments that help us control our symptoms and give us a more normal quality of life. If you have any other questions or would like to ask something a bit more personal, feel free to contact me though email FibroPrincessDiary@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mireya, I sent you a Email I hope u can get back to me!!! Thanks again!!! Att: Karla

    ReplyDelete