Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Love and other drugs....

Maggie: I don't need you...
Jamie: Yes you do... someone to take care of you. Everybody does.
Maggie: I'm going to need you more than you need me.
Jamie: ...That's okay.
Maggie: No, it's not!! It isn't fair. I have places to go.
Jamie: You'll go there. I just may have to carry you.
Maggie: I can't let you do that...
No matter how much we try, with our illness, we'll always feel like a burden. In any type of relationship.  At some point, I know I have felt guilty for dragging people through my journey. And many other times I've felt grateful that some others aren't having to deal with it.
But truth be told, we'll always need them more than they'll need us. And only few will actually be willing to help us carry our crosses. Some of these few, as absurd as this may sound, will fight their right to deal with this life that we would so graciously give up.
I'm in one of my toughest moments. Emotionally, I feel drained and for the first time, I feel tired of having to deal with all my aches and pains, emotional, mental, and physical.  I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I miss my old self.... and I wish I knew the answer to all of this. I wish I could wake up and feel that it was all a bad dream and that I'm back to being myself. It's hard to realize, this is never going to end...

2 comments:

  1. boy oh boy do I know how that feels - feeling like you're a burden to other people. But we, other Fibro sufferers, are here for and with you. If nothing else, you are now surrounded by others that know and understand what you're going through, because we're also going through it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda... knowing I'm not alone somehow gives us all peace of mind... :)

      Delete