Monday, September 24, 2012

Exposure...

So, I took a chance and I think it was worth it. I've been told that my neck  muscles are so tense that it makes my neck straight as opposed to having the natural curvature it's supposed to have. X-rays have proven this theory.

I've been suffering for the last 3 weeks of excruciating neck pain. My neck tenses with ANY little stress (physical or emotional) and it strikes a pain to my back and up my head. This in turn causes me migraines, messes with my sleep pattern, creates anxiety which just adds more stress to my neck...

Last week, at work, I was exposed to a different side of the health industry. I learned that some Dr's aren't as interested in curing their patients as they are in making money. This causes dependence of patients to meds. Meds that don't cure us or even give is relief. So in all that, I tried putting myself in the shoes of the opposing sides in the health industry and realized I was or could be one of those patients. I refuse to be nothing more than funding. I want to be a patient, with pain, with aches, with an illness, but also with responsibility,  with common sense, and with awareness. 

I believe in healing. It doesn't matter if it's medical as long as it's spiritual.  This weekend I opened my door to holistic healing. I went to see a reflexogist / Acupressure therapist. Last night, after a month, I finally had a good nights rest. I can't say I'm cured because that would lack common sense but I can say that I'm better. My neck isn't 100% but it is so much better...

I'm aware that many more of you are reading my blog now and I want to be clear that I am not encouraging any of you one way or the other. This is just exposure for you to my personal Fibro journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment